Careers At Esyms
Are you ambitious and want to shape the future of healthcare in Malaysia? Then check out our available job openings and apply now!
The IT Systems Administrator is primarily responsible for the upkeep, configuration, management, and maintenance of Esyms’s IT Systems. This includes server management (both VMs and AWS), backup management, networking assistance, and the ability to troubleshoot, problem solve and manage projects.
The role will be a mix of AWS administration, Linux system administration and technical application configuration. This will require a wide range of skills and an ability to problem-solve, especially around network configurations.
The role will involve hands-on support of infrastructure (both cloud resources as well as physical resources such as laptops and workstations.) This will include configuring networking for both virtual and physical environments, the creation of virtual machines and installation and hardening of host operating systems and networking, including certification management.
- Installing and configuring cloud server, patches, upgrades and hardening
- Monitoring and reporting on server availability
- Managing and automating the development, testing, QA and production environments
- To oversee, include upgrade/migration of all existing systems as needed.
- To ensure secure, reliable and stable operation of the systems & domain controller.
- Conducting all aspects of capacity planning, performance tuning and monitoring
- To provide statistics on system performance & system health check reports.
- Planning, implementing, maintaining and auditing of system security and encryption
- Contribute to the development of policies, procedures and standards
- System / infrastructure related documentation.
- To ensure security procedures and audit requirements adhered to at all times.
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance
- Experience with setting up and managing Git, Nginx, NodeJS servers
- Experience with MongoDB Cluster Shards and Redis/RabbitMQ Clusters
- Exceptional problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Linux system administration including shell scripting
- Network configuration (certificate management, firewall, network security)
- Ability to build and manage SOPs, business cases and project plans,
- NGINX and HAProxy configuration
- Experience in setting up or running of: AWS Elastic Beanstalk, EC2, Amplify, EBS, ELB, S3, CloudFront, VPC, Secrets Manager, IAM, SQS, SNS.
- VPN set-up/configuration, firewall configuration
- Well-developed skills in shell scripting (BASH, and a little PYTHON)
- Strong understanding of Network Protocols (TCP/IP), layers and VPNs.
Esyms may vary these duties and responsibilities from time to time or assign you additional duties and responsibilities.
Skills And Experience
- A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- 2 years of demonstrable experience in RHEL and Ubuntu
- 2 years of experience in cloud services (AWS Preferred)
- Experienced with / and full understanding of server architecture network configuration and communication through firewalls to port / protocol level
- Ability to manage and prioritise workloads
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Ability to interact with both technical and non-technical staff
- Knowledge on maintaining AWS Lambda is desirable.
- Knowledge in Mongo Atlas administration is a plus
- Full-Time position(s) available.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Esyms is the leading online pharmacy in Malaysia. Founded by a team of pharmacists, esyms strives to be the platform which revolutionises the way how quality pharmacy care is being delivered to the public.
We aspire to improve the way how medications are being delivered, how patients receive counselling, and how we can further educate the public about healthcare.
We continue to develop ways to do this such as our telepharmacy service, online store, and many more to come.
Additional Company Information
- Company Size: 1 – 50 Employees
- Industry: Healthcare / Medical
- Benefits & Others: Miscellaneous allowance, Parking, Casual (e.g. T-shirts)
Watch This Video To Learn More About Esyms
Think you're a good fit? Apply Now.
Fill In This Form To Apply